What is the reason for this Media Release form?
Troop 12 has a long history in Montclair and is proud of the service and accomplishments of its Scouts. On occasion, photographs, videos, and audio of Scouts taking part in activities may be submitted to the local media, the Troop, District or National newsletters, websites or put on display, including on social media sites run by the Troop, and any new media not directly mentioned in this document including those that have yet to be invented!
If you have any objections please indicate you are not willing for your child’s name/image/likeness to be used in this way by checking the appropriate box in the form below.
This consent form, when completed and signed by the parents/caregivers, authorizes Troop 12 to take or use photographs, collect comments and/or creative works, and film/video footage of the Scout for publicity purposes. This material may be used for (but not limited to):
- Media release
- Printed publications (newsletters, brochures, displays, etc.)
- Electronic communications (website, cable TV, cable access shows, PowerPoint and other staff presentations, etc.)
The consent is valid for one year and such consent must be obtained on a yearly basis. If you wish to rescind this agreement, you may do so at any time in writing by sending a letter to Scout Masters Carl, and such rescission takes effect upon receipt by the Scout Master.You may also request removal of specific images or likenesses of the Scout if you are otherwise satisfied with his likeness being on our materials. These exceptions must be in writing and must contain a copy of the image in question, so we are clear about which image is being
You may also request removal of specific images or likenesses of the Scout if you are otherwise satisfied with his likeness being on our materials. These exceptions must be in writing and must contain a copy of the image in question, so we are clear about which image is to be removed.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to highlight the good work of your Scout and Troop 12.
~Sean Leong, Assistant Scoutmaster 2017
* We may identify by a Scout by name in our media to recognize their accomplishments, but we will not be using any personally identifiable contact information like home address, mobile phone number or email address, etc. on any of our public facing media.
* By definition from the State, personally identifiable information includes student names, photo or image/likeness, residential addresses, email address, phone numbers, and locations/times of trips. Potential dangers associated with the posting of personally identifiable information on a website exist since global access to the Internet does not allow us to control who may access such information. These dangers have always existed; as a civic organization that wants to celebrate your Scout and his work with the Troop, we use the utmost discretion in what information we release or post to protect our Scouts.
* Any inquiries from Press or other organizations about your Scout will be done through the Scoutmasters, there is never an appropriate reason for an adult to contact a minor directly, and any such contact must be reported immediately to the Scoutmasters.
This consent pertains to all media: print, online news outlets and any other form of print/electronic media. The consent is for news or community interest only. Commercial use is prohibited without your specific approval.
The Media Release Form Begins Below: